What can Bing Chat do?
Here are some examples of how you can use each feature of Bing Chat:
- Conversation style: You can switch between the three conversation styles by using a toggle button on the chat interface. For example, if you ask Bing Chat to write a poem about love, you might get different responses depending on the style you choose. Creative style might give you a longer and more imaginative poem, Precise style might give you a shorter and more factual poem, and Balanced style might give you a medium-length and more balanced poem.
- Search and answer: You can type or speak any question you have in the chat box, and Bing Chat will try to find the best answer for you. For example, if you ask Bing Chat “Who is the president of France?”, it will reply with “The president of France is Emmanuel Macron.” You can also ask follow-up questions like “How old is he?” or “What is his political party?” and Bing Chat will use the context of your previous question to answer them.
- Summarize: You can ask Bing Chat to summarize any text or web page you want. For example, if you ask Bing Chat to summarize the Wikipedia article on Bing Chat, it will reply with “Bing Chat is an AI-powered assistant that can help you browse the web and do various tasks. It can answer questions, summarize articles, compare items, generate content, reformat text and images, and more. It also has three conversation styles: Creative, Precise, and Balanced. You can access Bing Chat through Microsoft Edge or Bing.com.” You can also specify the length and style of the summary by adding parameters like “in one sentence” or “in a creative way”.
- Compare: You can ask Bing Chat to compare any two or more items you want. For example, if you ask Bing Chat to compare iPhone 13 and Samsung Galaxy S22, it will reply with a table that shows the features and prices of each phone. You can also ask Bing Chat to compare items in different categories, such as cities, movies, cars, etc. Bing Chat will use web data and AI to generate a comparison that is relevant and informative.
- Generate: You can ask Bing Chat to generate text and images for various purposes. For example, if you ask Bing Chat to write a song about cats, it will reply with something like “I love cats, they are so cute and fluffy / They make me happy when I’m feeling roughy / They purr and meow and cuddle with me / They are the best pets that can ever be.” You can also ask Bing Chat to create graphical artworks based on your prompts or modify existing images. For example, if you ask Bing Chat to draw a cat wearing a hat, it will reply with “I’ll try to create that.” and show you an image of a cat wearing a hat.
- Reformat: You can ask Bing Chat to reformat text or images according to your preferences. For example, if you ask Bing Chat to change the color of the text to blue, it will reply with “Okay, I changed the color of the text to blue.” You can also ask Bing Chat to crop, resize, rotate, or filter the images. For example, if you ask Bing Chat to make the image black and white, it will reply with “Okay, I made the image black and white.” and show you the modified image.
- Page context: You can ask Bing Chat to perform searches and answers in relation to the page you’re viewing in Microsoft Edge. For example, if you are viewing a recipe page for lasagna, you can ask Bing Chat what wine to pair with it, and it will reply with “A good wine to pair with lasagna is Chianti.” You can also ask Bing Chat whether a product is good for a certain purpose. For example, if you are viewing a product page for a laptop, you can ask Bing Chat if it is good for gaming, and it will reply with “This laptop is good for gaming, as it has a high-performance processor, a large memory, and a dedicated graphics card.” Bing Chat will use the information on the page to provide relevant and helpful suggestions.
- Chat history: You can access your previous conversations with Bing Chat and review the content you have created or searched. You can also export and share your chats with others. For example, if you want to save the poem that Bing Chat wrote for you, you can click on the export button and choose the format you want. You can also share your chats with your friends or family by clicking on the share button and choosing the platform you want. Bing Chat will keep the context of your initial questions, so you can resume or revisit your chats anytime.
Was this helpful? 0 0