Conversational AI and AI Chat are both terms that refer to artificial intelligence technologies that can communicate with humans using natural language. However, they are not exactly the same. Here is a brief overview of each term and how they differ:
The term chatbot is often used interchangeably with AI Chat, but it is not always accurate. A chatbot is a software program that can interact with humans via text or voice, but it may not use AI or NLP to do so. A chatbot can be based on simple rules or scripts that follow a predefined logic or flow, without understanding the meaning or intent of the user's input. A chatbot can also be based on AI or NLP, which enables it to learn from data and generate more natural and relevant responses. Therefore, not all chatbots are AI Chat, but some AI Chat platforms can be considered as chatbots6.
ChatGPT, CoPilot, and Bard are all examples of AI Chat platforms that use large language models (LLMs) to generate natural language texts based on user input. They can be considered as chatbots, but they have different features and functionalities:
I hope this explanation helps you understand the differences between conversational AI and AI Chat, as well as the terms chatbot, ChatGPT, CoPilot, and Bard. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. 😊
1. What is conversational AI: examples and benefits | Google Cloud
2. What is conversational AI? | IBM
3. Conversational AI: Real-World Examples, Use Cases, and Benefits
4. Chatbots vs. Conversational AI: Is There A Difference? | Cognigy
5. I fact-checked ChatGPT with Bard, Claude, and Copilot - MSN
6. These Are the Biggest Differences Between Google Bard and ChatGPT
7. Looking for ChatGPT alternatives? Check these top 5 replacements - Bard, Copilot, more
8. ChatGPT vs. Microsoft Copilot: What's the difference?
9. A Showdown of Language Models: ChatGPT vs. Google's BARD vs. Microsoft ...
- ChatGPT is an AI Chat platform that uses a generative pre-trained transformer model (GPT) to answer questions or respond to conversations. It is designed to mimic human conversation by understanding the context and generating engaging and conversational responses. ChatGPT can also perform various tasks, such as composing essays, creating lists, describing art, writing code, summarizing content, creating poems and song lyrics, and building resumes7.
- CoPilot is an AI Chat platform that uses a combination of GPT and Microsoft Graph to provide personalized assistance to users for a range of tasks and activities. CoPilot connects ChatGPT with Microsoft 365 and uses the user's data, such as calendar, emails, chats, documents, meetings, and more, to turn words into actions. CoPilot can also perform tasks, such as scheduling meetings, sending emails, creating documents, booking travel, and more8.
- Bard is an AI Chat platform that uses a bidirectional and autoregressive decoder (BARD) to generate creative and original texts based on user input. It is designed to ignite creativity and inspire users by producing texts that are novel, diverse, and coherent. Bard can also perform tasks, such as generating stories, jokes, headlines, slogans, captions, and more9.
- Conversational AI is a broad term that encompasses any technology that can simulate human conversation, such as chatbots, virtual assistants, voice assistants, and interactive voice response systems. Conversational AI uses natural language processing (NLP), machine learning (ML), and sometimes speech recognition and synthesis to understand and generate natural language responses. Conversational AI can be used for various purposes, such as customer service, entertainment, education, and personal assistance. Some examples of conversational AI are Google Assistant, Siri, Alexa, and Cortana12.
- AI Chat is a more specific term that refers to a type of conversational AI that uses text-based communication, such as instant messaging, email, or web chat. AI Chat can also use NLP and ML to analyze and produce natural language texts, but it does not involve speech or voice. AI Chat can be used for similar purposes as conversational AI, but it may have some limitations in terms of expressiveness, emotion, and context. Some examples of AI Chat are ChatGPT, CoPilot, and Bard345.